Mittwoch, 1. März 2017

BM 2017 (Jan 27 - 29) Game 3: Nemo3 vs Rask



We were playing Outlast and Sven brought Rask and Midas. I picked Nemo3 again, as I believe he is a good drop into Rask and with all his lessers the Midas list looked manageable as well, though I never played against Midas before. 
This time I get what I expect, his list looks like this:

Rask
- Blackhide Wrastler
- Blackhide Wrastler
Dahlia Hallyr
- Skarath
Rorsh
- Brine
- Battle Boar
Wrongeye
- Snapjaw
Lanyssa
Orin
Bog Trog Mist speaker
Swamp gobber chef

He won the roll and started, we were playing outlast. Our table had two! shallow waters on the right flank, both touching the zone there. There was a convenient wall on my side between the zones and a centrally placed trench. The left zone had a touching forest on my side and a wall keeping him out of the zone on his side.

Deployment:
He deployed Rorsh to the left, Rask central with the support, as well as one Wrastler and Wrongeye and Snapjaw. Dahlia und Skarath went to the right with one supporting Wrastler.

I deployed the Storm Striders on each side, the rest central to benefit from the wall there.

Minions top of 1
He ran up out of threat range of anything.

Cygnar bottom of 1
I ran up and get Storm Striders engines into their respective zone. Everything else shuffles up to make the middle as unattractive as possible. Dynamo, the Lancer and Nemo3 took the wall there and I sadly placed the Lances badly so they could not charge over the wall.

Minions top of 2
He ran up to contesting and threatening places using the central trench for Lanyssa and a Wrastler. They were supported by a submerged Snapjaw. Skarath and a Wrastler threatened the right zone. Brine and the Battle Boar contested/threatened the left zone, Feat went up.

Cygnar bottom of 2 
I moved a Lance forward and shot it in the back with the others until Lanyssa died, the Lance then engaged Snapjaw and the Wrastler in the trench. The rest shuffled I was still partially blocked with my Lances behind the wall -.-. 
The Lancer with electrify and a Storm Strider contest the right zone, the other battle engine with arcane shield contests the left zone.
It looked like this.

Gone girl Lanyssa. My Lancer hides next to the right battle engine

 
Minions top of 3
He can get Brine into the left arcane shielded battle engine and can block him with the Battle Boar, but does not kill it (without rage). He kills the Lance in the center and positions up with the Wrastler and Skarath. Skarath killed a Lance with her spray and damaged the Firefly. Snapjaw charged the Lancer but was out of of control so could neither buy nor boost, nevertheless he severely damages him.

Cygnar bottom of 3
I feat and Nemo3 shot on the Wrastler to jump onto Wrongeye, but I have really abysmal dice, not damaging him. The bad dice would come back during this feat turn.
The right Stormstrider and the firefly shot the back Wrastler three times and leaped Dahlia to death severely damaging the Wrastler. The left battleengine shots on Rorsh and kills the battleboar as well as ¾ of Brine. Dynamo shots the central Wrastler (aiming and +2 from the Storm Strider, with a reroll) and misses his second shot (boosted, even the reroll missed). Laddermore and the Lances killed Snapjaw and the central Wrastler.

Minions top of 4
Brine finally killed my left battle engine, which was lucky to have survived so long. Wrongeye killed two Lances and positions himself as a pushblock, the remaining Wrastler then charges the right battle engine and kills it. Rorsh and Rask finish the remaining Lances and Firefly and dismount Laddermore. 

He scores 0:1

Cygnar bottom of 4
I killed the remaining Wrastler and Wrongeye (he was not submerged because he needed the attacks for the Lances) with Junior, Nemo and Finch. Dynamo shot Rorsh and killed Brine via transfers. Somebody killed the Mist speaker, Orin and the gobber Chef. Dismounted Laddermore ran in the left zone to contest.

I scored to 1:1 

Minions top of 5
He had Rorsh and Rask left and tried to kill Laddermore, but she survived! I scored 2:1.

Cygnar bottom of 5
Laddermore fluffed her attacks on Rorsh, but Dynamo finally killed that tough pig, Nemo3 ran in the right zone and I score to 5:0
 
Summary:
Sven and me played before and had again a very enjoyable game. Last time we played Rask Haley2 and I believe this game was a lot tighter than the Haley2 game, so maybe I have to reconsider my Nemo3 approach for this matchup. 
However, repulsor field is a huge problem for his list, as he has the damage, but not the models to easily stop the push back. The split scenario greatly favored me and I am happy with the way I played the game.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen